Bedřich Smetana Memorial in Jabkenice
Jabkenice Lodge, near a large game park in beautiful natural surroundings, was originally the seat of the forestry office of the Counts Thurn-Taxis. From 1875, Betřich Smetana’s son-in-law, Josef Schwarz, husband of his daughter Žofie lived there. The deaf Smetana spent the last years of his life here (1875-1884), when he composed some of his most significant works.
Phone: +420 326 389 127, +420 608 845 549
Connection: By car from Prague in the direction toward Mladá Boleslav. By bus from Mladá Boleslav to Jabkenice.
From April to September:
Tuesday–Sunday: 10 AM–5 PM
On 18 May, 2013 - International Museum Day - free entrance.
Basic: 50 CZK
Reduced: 25 CZK seniors (over 60 years), disabled persons, children 6–15 years old, High schools and University students (student ID card is necessary)
Family: 90 CZK (max. 2 adults, 3 children)
School group with pedagogue: 10 CZK/person
Children under 6 years and ICOM members admission free
Taking photos ... 20 Kč
Filming ... 20 Kč
Guided tour only.
Groups up to 20 persons order commentary in advance - commentary in english - 500 Kč.
Overview of Further Services:
- Is possible to lend printed exhibition guide: in german language.
- Possibility of listening B. Smetana musical works: of your own choice.
- Museum shop: Except others:
- The book about o Smetana and Prague of his times (czech, german, english)
- Bedřich Smetana Museum in Prague exhibition guide (czech, german, english)
- Czech Museum of Music in Prague collections guide ((czech, german, english)
- Rent of concert room with piano: - capacity c. 40 persons. After advanced written application.