National Museum Library
The National Museum Library is located in the New building of the National Museum, Vinohradská 1, 110 00 Prague 1.
It is a public attendance library, making its materials available for reference in Study Rooms... More >>
Due to ongoing reconstruction of the National Museum’s New Building, the reading room of the National Museum Library is still closed. Provisionally the reading room in the repository of the Zbraslav palace will be again opened every Monday 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM, starting September 7, 2015.
Due to limited capacity of the reading room in the Zbraslav Castle it is advisable to announce a possible visit in advance. Reprography service will strongly be reduced.
>> More about the Study Room in the Zbraslav palace
We apologize and thank in advance for your understanding
National Museum Library study rooms are during July and August closed.
Study Room in the National Museum New Building - closed due to ongoing reconstruction
Study Room in the Zbraslav palace - Monday, September 7th, 2015.
Study room of the Journal Department - Thursday, September 3th, 2015.
Study room in the Central depository in Terezín - Wednesday, September 9th, 2015.
Thank you very much for your understanding.
National Museum Library Announcement:
all LNM departments, except the Journals Department, which is still at its permanent address in the Royal hunting preserve #56 (Královská obora 56), Prague 7 and the Book Museum, have been moved from the historic palace of the National Museum to new homes... More >>
Due to a required audit of the transported library, services in the studies will be on a limited basis at first.
Study Rooms of the National Museum Library:
- Study Room in the National Museum New Building, 2nd floor, Vinohradská 1, Prague 1
- audited books will be available from the central library (see list of available titles), as well as manuscript fragments, unique old prints and shopkeeper's printing blocks
- Study Room in the Central depository II in Terezín, Prokopa Holého 78, Terezín (former Hamburg barracks)
- manuscripts, old prints, materials of book culture, Bohemian periodicals issued after 2000, Slovak periodicals issued up to 1992 will be available here
- Study Room of the Journal Department, Královská obora 56, 170 76 Prague 7
- Bohemian periodicals - newspapers and magazines, which were and are issued in Bohemia, Moravia, Silesia and Slovakia to 1992 will be available here
- Study Room in the Zbraslav palace, Bartoňova 1, 156 00, Prague 5
- the National Revival collections and audited books of the central library will be available here
List of book shelfmarks available for reference in LNM Study Rooms
Shelfmark: 1-65, 101-108, 133 – 161, 162-170, 171-200, 220-254, 255, 256-260, 300-306, 501-509, R II D, Umění... More >>
Information about availability of audited volumes will be continuously updated.
Almost all material from the Book Culture Department is currently stored in the Central Depository II. in Terezín... More >>
- Online catalog of the NM Library since 2002
- Scanned card catalog - general author catalog of the NM Library until 2001
- Scanned card catalog of foreign language old prints of the NM Library
- Badatelna (www.badatelna.cz)
- eSbírky (www.esbirky.cz)