National Museum Library
The National Museum Library is located in the New building of the National Museum, Vinohradská 1, 110 00 Prague 1.
It is a public attendance library, making its materials available for reference in Study Rooms... More >>
Notice about opening hours change during the Christmas and New Year's Eve Holidays
National Museum Library Study rooms are from 23th December 2014 to 2nd January 2015 closed.
Study room in the National museum New Building – Monday, 5th January 2015.
Study room in the Central depository of the National Museum in Terezín – Wednesday, 7th January 2015.
Study room of Journal Department – Thursday, 8th January 2015.
National Museum Library Announcement:
all LNM departments, except the Journals Department, which is still at its permanent address in the Royal hunting preserve #56 (Královská obora 56), Prague 7 and the Book Museum, have been moved from the historic palace of the National Museum to new homes... More >>
Due to a required audit of the transported library, services in the studies will be on a limited basis at first.
Study Rooms of the National Museum Library:
- Study Room in the National Museum New Building, 2nd floor, Vinohradská 1, Prague 1
- audited books will be available from the central library (see list of available titles), as well as manuscript fragments, unique old prints and shopkeeper's printing blocks
- Study Room in the Central depository II in Terezín, Prokopa Holého 78, Terezín (former Hamburg barracks)
- manuscripts, old prints, materials of book culture, Bohemian periodicals issued after 2000, Slovak periodicals issued up to 1992 will be available here
- Study Room of the Journal Department, Královská obora 56, 170 76 Prague 7
- Bohemian periodicals - newspapers and magazines, which were and are issued in Bohemia, Moravia, Silesia and Slovakia to 1992 will be available here
- Study Room in the Zbraslav palace, Bartoňova 1, 156 00, Prague 5
- the National Revival collections and audited books of the central library will be available here
List of book shelfmarks available for reference in LNM Study Rooms
Shelfmark: 1-65, 101-108, 133 – 161, 162-170, 171-200, 220-254, 255, 256-260, 300-306, 501-509, R II D, Umění... More >>
Information about availability of audited volumes will be continuously updated.
Almost all material from the Book Culture Department is currently stored in the Central Depository II. in Terezín... More >>
New operating hours of the Book museum in Žďár nad Sázavou
Tours are conducted only with a guide, starting always on the hour: 9am, 10am, 11am, noon, 1pm, 2pm and 3pm. The last tour starts at 3pm.
Tours arranged in advance by telephone or Internet are given priority. Individuals with a reservation may join a group with a reservation, up to the capacity of the tour guide (30 people maximum), or wait until the next scheduled hourly tour.
- Online catalog of the NM Library since 2002
- Scanned card catalog - general author catalog of the NM Library until 2001
- Scanned card catalog of foreign language old prints of the NM Library
- Badatelna (www.badatelna.cz)
- eSbírky (www.esbirky.cz)