National Museum Library
The National Museum Library is located in the New building of the National Museum, Vinohradská 1, 110 00 Prague 1.
It is a public attendance library, making its materials available for reference in Study Rooms... More >>
Announcement about new opening hours in Study Room in Terezín
Due to technical reasons manuscripts and early prints will be available for study and research on Tuesdays 10 AM - 4 PM only until revocation.
Books of other departments (Central Library Dept., Journals Dept., Book Culture Dept.) remain available also on Wednesdays 10 AM - 3 PM.
National Museum Library Announcement:
all LNM departments, except the Journals Department, which is still at its permanent address in the Royal hunting preserve #56 (Královská obora 56), Prague 7 and the Book Museum, have been moved from the historic palace of the National Museum to new homes... More >>
Due to a required audit of the transported library, services in the studies will be on a limited basis at first.
Study Rooms of the National Museum Library:
- Study Room in the National Museum New Building, 2nd floor, Vinohradská 1, Prague 1
- audited books will be available from the central library (see list of available titles), as well as manuscript fragments, unique old prints and shopkeeper's printing blocks
- Study Room in the Central depository II in Terezín, Prokopa Holého 78, Terezín (former Hamburg barracks)
- manuscripts, old prints, materials of book culture, Bohemian periodicals issued after 2000, Slovak periodicals issued up to 1992 will be available here
- Study Room of the Journal Department, Královská obora 56, 170 76 Prague 7
- Bohemian periodicals - newspapers and magazines, which were and are issued in Bohemia, Moravia, Silesia and Slovakia to 1992 will be available here
- Study Room in the Zbraslav palace, Bartoňova 1, 156 00, Prague 5
- the National Revival collections and audited books of the central library will be available here
List of book shelfmarks available for reference in LNM Study Rooms
Shelfmark: 1-65, 101-108, 133 – 161, 162-170, 171-200, 220-254, 255, 256-260, 300-306, 501-509, R II D, Umění... More >>
Information about availability of audited volumes will be continuously updated.
Almost all material from the Book Culture Department is currently stored in the Central Depository II. in Terezín... More >>
New operating hours of the Book museum in Žďár nad Sázavou
Tours are conducted only with a guide, starting always on the hour: 9am, 10am, 11am, noon, 1pm, 2pm and 3pm. The last tour starts at 3pm.
Tours arranged in advance by telephone or Internet are given priority. Individuals with a reservation may join a group with a reservation, up to the capacity of the tour guide (30 people maximum), or wait until the next scheduled hourly tour.
- Online catalog of the NM Library since 2002
- Scanned card catalog - general author catalog of the NM Library until 2001
- Scanned card catalog of foreign language old prints of the NM Library
- Badatelna (www.badatelna.cz)
- eSbírky (www.esbirky.cz)