Bedřich Smetana Museum
How to reach us – map
Connection: Subway A, station Staroměstská, Tram 17.
Phone: +420 222 220 082
Wednesday–Monday: 10 AM–5 PM
Changes of opening hours:
24 December 2014 CLOSED
25 December 2014 CLOSED
26 December 2014 CLOSED
31 December 2014 OPEN 10 AM – 3 PM
1 January 2015 CLOSED
Thank you for your understanding
- BEDŘICH SMETANA (1824-1884) - his life and work
In charge of Bedřich Smetany Muzeum is also BEDŘICH SMETANA MEMORIAL in Jabkenice.
- Bedřich Smetana´s Family: Collection of Pictures
(20. 3. 2013 - 27. 10. 2014)
Basic: 50 CZK
Reduced: 30 CZK seniors (over 60 years)), disabled persons, children 6–15 years old, High schools and University students (student ID card is necessary)
Family: 90 CZK (max. 2 adults, 3 children)
School group with pedagogue: 10 CZK/person
Children under 6 years and ICOM members admission freeFilming, taking photos (no flash) for noncommercial use - free with valid ticket.
After advanced order only, for groups up to 30 persons.
Commentary in english, german - 500 Kč.
Overview of Further Services:
- Is possible to lend printed exhibition guide: in english, german, french, spanish, italian, sweden, japanese and netherlands language.
- Bedřich Smetana Museum Study room: - after advanced phone order only.
- Museum shop: Except others:
- The book about o Smetana and Prague of his times (czech, german, english)
- Bedřich Smetana Museum in Prague exhibition guide (czech, german, english)
- Czech Museum of Music in Prague collections guide ((czech, german, english)
Bedřicha Smetana Musum is since 1936 situated on Vlatava shore, in neo-renaissance building of former Oldtowner Water-station from 80's of 19th century, in the nearest neighbourhood of Charles Bridge, on the place with beatiful view on Vltava river and Prague Castle.