Documents should be ordered at least one week in advance using the online form or personally in study room in the Historical Building of The National Museum
Documents from the Manuscripts and Early Printed Books Department – please order via online form.
Documents from the Book Culture Department – please order via online form.
The Czech National Revival collection is relocated to Terezín. The orders please send via the online catalog, the books will be prepared in the study room at ÚDT II. in agreement with the curator or to study room in Historical Building in Prague; contact: Michal Klacek, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Orders for periodicals write to email@example.com.
We provide digital copies for the documents of the library collections. Requests for reprographic services: Bc. Adam Petrásek
How to get to the study room in Terezín:
From Prague – by bus from the bus/metro station "Nádraží Holešovice" (metro station, red line C), bus stop no. 7 – departures: 8.20, 9.00, 9.25, 10.45 – ticket price CZE 105
return bus – departures: 12.05, 13.35, 14.05, 15.05, 16.05, 16.35 bus stop Terezín – náměstí Čs. Armády (the main square).
- Scanned catalogue of foreign language old prints of the NM Library
- Online catalogue of Czech early printed books
- František Michálek Bartoš: Soupis rukopisů Národního musea v Praze I,II = A List of the Manuscripts of the National Museum in Prague, Vol. 1.II. Praha 1926–1927 or digitized version on the web site of Centre for Medieval Studies (CMS), Institute of Philosophy.
- Digitized manuscripts and early printed books in digital library Manuscriptorium
- Provenio - Provenance Database of Book Owners and the Book Provenance Records in The Library of the National Museum
due to the emergency regarding COVID-19 from Monday October 12, all study rooms of the National Museum Library will be closed to the public until further notice.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
For periodicals and collections of The Book culture department the opening hours are valid from 9th September until 9th December 2020.
Thank you very much for your uderstanding