The Hana and Edvard Beneš villa was built from 1930 to 1931 according to a design by architect Petr Kropáček. The construction work was carried out by the Tábor-based construction company of Antonín Soumar. The preparation of the design and construction occurred with the direct involvement of Mr. and Mrs. Beneš. In his concept, the house was supposed to recall a country building in southern France, and he wished for not just smooth walls and low roofs, but also light rooms. In 1937, the Benešes decided to finish building the villa.
According to a design by architect Otokar Fierlinger, a new wing with a salla terrena was added to the northwest façade, and a terrace in front of the southwest façade shaded a small arched loggia. Living and utility areas were distributed in two segmented wings in the two-story home. The social and living rooms were placed on the southwest side, in the wing situated toward the Lužnice. The spacious light rooms had smooth walls, and only the living hall and studies had alcoves with shelves. The ceiling of the living hall was decorated by wooden beams and the ceiling of Beneš' study had all-wood panelling. A discreet, practical stairway leading from the vestibule was decorated on each floor by a wooden column. The villa, painted with a sand yellow plaster and green painted shutters naturally contrasted with the grassy space and with the leafy and coniferous woods.
In November 1973, Hana Benešová wrote her will, in which she bequeathed part of the furniture and the villa with its adjacent properties to the Museum of the Hussite Revolutionary Movement in Tábor. After her death, these properties were taken over in 1975 by the District People's Committee in Tábor. At the end of 1975, the furniture from the villa was taken to a depository and the building was contractually transferred to the property of the Office of the Government of the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic.