Documents should be ordered at least one week in advance using the online form or personally in study room in the Historical Building of The National Museum
Documents from the Manuscripts and Early Printed Books Department – please order via online form.
Documents from the Book Culture Department - please order via online form.
Orders for periodicals write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide digital copies for the documents of the library collections. Requests for reprographic services: Bc. Adam Petrásek
How to get to the study room in Terezín:
From Prague – by bus from the bus/metro station "Nádraží Holešovice" (metro station, red line C), bus stop no. 7 – departures: 8.00, 9.00, 9.25, 10.00, 10.45 – ticket price CZE 90
return bus – departures: 14.05, 14.35, 15.05, 16.05, 16.35 bus stop Terezín – náměstí Čs. Armády (the main square).
- Scanned catalogue of foreign language old prints of the NM Library
- Online catalogue of Czech early printed books
- František Michálek Bartoš: Soupis rukopisů Národního musea v Praze I,II = A List of the Manuscripts of the National Museum in Prague, Vol. 1.II. Praha 1926–1927 or digitized version on the web site of Centre for Medieval Studies (CMS), Institute of Philosophy.
- Digitized manuscripts and early printed books in digital library Manuscriptorium
- Provenio - Provenance Database of Book Owners and the Book Provenance Records in The Library of the National Museum
on Wednesday, May 27, 2020, we will open a study room in a limited research operation.
Please review the new instructions, see file below.
Thank you very much for your understanding.